The past Saturday June 17th took place in Bilbao the “I MIKROSALUD WORKSHOP”.
The event was held at the Hotel Vincci Consulado in Bilbao, where the invited speakers were present along with part of the Mikrobiomik team and was transmitted via streaming for all researchers who are part of our ICD-01 phase III clinical trial in the 21 participating Spanish hospitals.
We were honored to have the presence of excellent professionals, who taught us with their presentations and knowledge:
- Javier Cobo Reinoso – Infectious Diseases Service. Ramón y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid.
- Juan Barrero de la Rubia – Project Controller at Sermes CRO.
- Elena Bereciartua – Infectious Diseases Service. Cruces University Hospital, Barakaldo.
- Paula Iruzubieta – Gastroenterology and Hepatology Service. Marqués de Valdecilla University Hospital, Santander.
- Rosa del Campo – Microbiology Department. Ramón y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid.
The central theme of the program was FMT (Fecal Microbiota Transplantation), as a current and future treatment to treat various infections and pathologies currently without a therapeutic alternative. In particular for the treatment of primary or recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection, where our ICD-01 trial has obtained very encouraging intermediate results.
More information: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7076860163122413568